RT sick?

Ryan J

Purchased a Russian tortoise two months ago enclosure is shown in picture under the basket lamp it's about 100° in the middle is like 80° and where he eats is closer to 70-ish. Just hasn't been eaten as much as he normally did when I first got him sleeps more. He will only have a little bit of his food in the bowl but will still eat if I hand feed him. I don't see any poop. Eyes are kind of closed image.jpeg image.jpeg more. Hasn't been in the water much Been feeding him Romain lettuce and Kayle with the calcium powder sprinkled on top Occasionally lets them out and backyard and 85 or hotter temperatures ... Is this normal or is something wrong

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 5

Ryan J

The water or moisture shown as a recent maybe because I clean cage outside The water or moisture shown as a recent maybe because I clean cage outside Should I get new chips as is affecting him should I get new chips as is affecting him

Yelloweyed

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
SoCal California
What type of bulbs are you using? Have you read the Russian care sheets on this forum?

There are much better foods to feed your tort that s/he will enjoy.

Ryan J

Not sure exactly. Checked with pet store. One 150 w bulb for basking. And a heat light. Heat 24 hours basking 10am-10pm