Rubbermaid Container

Status
Not open for further replies.

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southwest Washington
sportychick said:
He's not in a Rubbermaid yet that's why I was asking .. can I use a normal cardboard box on the balcony? I can put stuff in it like a hide and coco coir. To get better sun. I need to buy uv have to go but that tomorrow todaywas a holiday all is closed...

Tomorrow I am going to soak feed and then take my son and the tort outside for some sun :D (in a big box lol ) and hopefully my tort will love it. Thanks for all the info.. maybe my tort can graze and enjoy himself. Will take pics if I can :D maybe he will go into his water own his own outside.I will be +30 here tomorrow... hot hot hot

Is there any length of time that the tort should or shouldn't be outside in the sun for?

They can easily over heat if they are in direct sun at those temps. Torts are completely dependent on the surrounding temps to regulate their body temps, which is why sometimes they bask, and sometimes they burrow.
Plan to avoid the hotter hours of the day, 12p to 3p? and make sure he can get into a shady/covered area to thermoregulate.
But real sun and real UV is very good for torts overall.

sportychick

5 Year Member
I took him out from 9-10 was 18-21 outside is that OK? Long enough for now?

Status
Not open for further replies.