Russian outdoors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rax

5 Year Member
Where I live (Texas) the weather changes a lot but recently it has been in the 70's (fahrenheit). Is this too cold to let my Russian Tortoise outside for like 10 minutes? I can't let her out indoors and feel bad leaving her in the tank all day like it's not enough exercise.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Rax.

Do you have a secure outdoor pen? I would leave the tortoise outside during the nice weather and bring it in at night. If the outdoor area is in a protected area where the wind doesn't blow and cool it down, the sun shining on it warms it up nicely. And you can leave it out there longer than 10 minutes.

kanalomele

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
East Bay area
Supervised of course. Sounds like a great idea!

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
70s is a good outside weather for a Russian tort. I'm sure she'd appreciate some outdoor grazing time and natural sunlight.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome :) I would love 70's. if you get yourself a temp gun, around 25.00 from Home Depot, and shoot the ground temp in the sun, you will find that the places the sun is shining continuously is probably warmer then 70. Put a flat rock out there for them to climb on a d that will be even warmer then the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.