Russian Tortoise Beak Grinding/Lip Smacking?

Location (City and/or State)
Iowa
I've had my Russian Tortoise (Medivh!) now for a little over a week. His enclosure is a really nice indoors one, he eats really well, and he's already shown progress with getting used to me being around him. Since he was a rescue from a Craigslist ad, I've been keeping a really close eye on him for any signs of illness. His breathing is steady and clear, his shell looks good, and his nails are a good length; however, when he's not sleeping during the day and sorta just torting out, he does this beak grinding/lip smacking thing where he pulls his lower beak backwards a little, pushes it up, and juts it out straight so it clacks over/grinds his upper beak.

For the life of me, I can't find any clear answers about this behavior. I did catch this and this, but that just leaves me worried! Vet said he looks and sounds fine, so is this a normal behavior? Nothing's stuck in his mouth, and his beak is a good length. Do you guys have any insight on this?

Mikki

Location (City and/or State)
Spring Hill, Fl
I've had my Russian Tortoise (Medivh!) now for a little over a week. His enclosure is a really nice indoors one, he eats really well, and he's already shown progress with getting used to me being around him. Since he was a rescue from a Craigslist ad, I've been keeping a really close eye on him for any signs of illness. His breathing is steady and clear, his shell looks good, and his nails are a good length; however, when he's not sleeping during the day and sorta just torting out, he does this beak grinding/lip smacking thing where he pulls his lower beak backwards a little, pushes it up, and juts it out straight so it clacks over/grinds his upper beak.

For the life of me, I can't find any clear answers about this behavior. I did catch this and this, but that just leaves me worried! Vet said he looks and sounds fine, so is this a normal behavior? Nothing's stuck in his mouth, and his beak is a good length. Do you guys have any insight on this?
I have a baby Sulcata that does that.. I know it is a different species, however, I have seen on different groups through facebook owners posting about their little one doing it as well. I actually took my little one to the Vet because of it, she forced her little mouth open to look down her throat.. My Vet told me the shake at the bottom of the hay bag that I was using to sprinkle on her food was irritating her throat and to lay off trying to give hay.. However, she continues to do it, I noticed she does it when soaking mostly, and right before having to poop.. I also noticed she does it when she is annoyed. Just wanted to let you know I have seen other babies do it including mine.