Russian tortoise eye

kobobird

Location (City and/or State)
Kentucky
Hi everyone I'm pretty new here! Anyway my tortoise has something above his eye. I'm not sure why it is and don't know how it happened. I've only had him about a month and rescued from a bad situation. Any way here it is. Please help if you know what it isImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1491595162.496907.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1491595192.354004.jpg it kinda just looks like dry skin to me but I'm not sure. He REALLY likes to climb his wood hide so could he have scraped it maybe?

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
I am on a phone, and I think I see what you are talking about. It just looks like a piece of skin. They peel a bit. I so not see anything alarming. Soak him every other day for a while to ensure he is well hydrated.

kobobird

Kentucky
I am on a phone, and I think I see what you are talking about. It just looks like a piece of skin. They peel a bit. I so not see anything alarming. Soak him every other day for a while to ensure he is well hydrated.
That's what I was thinking also. Thank you for assuring that. I will make sure to soak him daily too. Thanks so much!