Russian Tortoise free

Itachi

Location (City and/or State)
Virginia
As title says, I have a Russian tortoise that I got when I was like 12 and now I’m about to graduate. My life is very different since then and I don’t live with my parents so I need someone to take him, it’s been an issue for a couple years now. Really I just ask that you have a good enclosure for him, he’s about 5-7 years old now

Edit : I’m actually not sure if my tortoise is a boy or a girl

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
Where in virginia? Are you willing to ship? Can you post pictures of the tortoise? Thanks

Itachi

Virginia
More information: I am located in Hampton Roads. Since I got him at a younger age and my parents didn’t do research before buying (listened to petco workers :confused:) he is unfortunately living in a glass Aquarium. Also I was never aware I had to trim his beak so I have actually never done that.
Another thing that is a recent change: His shell looks like it’s growing maybe ? I think he has growth lines in between his scutes (Just basing this off google facts), so his shell is kinda taking an odd shape, it’s still round and he isn’t pyramiding but I’m just not sure what is going on with it. And he is starting to shed on his neck and head which I know are Normal but it’s kinda scaring me because how he has never shed before and nothing has changed with his diet or living space.

PJay

5 Year Member
Virginia
As title says, I have a Russian tortoise that I got when I was like 12 and now I’m about to graduate. My life is very different since then and I don’t live with my parents so I need someone to take him, it’s been an issue for a couple years now. Really I just ask that you have a good enclosure for him, he’s about 5-7 years old now

Edit : I’m actually not sure if my tortoise is a boy or a girl
Contact the Mid Atlantic Turtle and Tortoise society. They find homes with experienced keepers.

method89

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Malverne, NY
More information: I am located in Hampton Roads. Since I got him at a younger age and my parents didn’t do research before buying (listened to petco workers :confused:) he is unfortunately living in a glass Aquarium. Also I was never aware I had to trim his beak so I have actually never done that.
Another thing that is a recent change: His shell looks like it’s growing maybe ? I think he has growth lines in between his scutes (Just basing this off google facts), so his shell is kinda taking an odd shape, it’s still round and he isn’t pyramiding but I’m just not sure what is going on with it. And he is starting to shed on his neck and head which I know are Normal but it’s kinda scaring me because how he has never shed before and nothing has changed with his diet or living space.
Isn't @Turtulas-Len around that area. He might be able to help the quickest

OkAdiza

Tortoise Club
Virginia
I am open to being a temporary home to find a permanent one, but can not keep him myself.

Reactions: Ink

Itachi

Virginia
I can’t add images from my gallery so I guess I have to upload to imgur