Russian Tortoise Habitat

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
This is the start. Will be building a lid because we have hawks around. It serves as my baby redfoots outdoor recess time at the moment

Needs much more plants and I would not use that water bowl. They are literally tortoise death traps. One member came home to find her russian upside down and drowned in one. Great for snakes and lizards, not so good for animals encased by a rigid shell.

Michael Pancari

5 Year Member
Needs much more plants and I would not use that water bowl. They are literally tortoise death traps. One member came home to find her russian upside down and drowned in one. Great for snakes and lizards, not so good for animals encased by a rigid shell.

This is only temporary its not in its final spot. Thats just the immediate back yard. Inhave a whole big side yard. And I only use it for the red foots to enjoy some outside time for now. Until it's completely built and ready for russians. I have not purchased any yet. I build there homes first. Its half the fun. Also thanks for the heads up on the water bowl. I only fill it just enough that if the torts to flip there head is above water still.

Oxalis

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
Anywhere from $0 if I use materials left over from other projects up to several thousand for something large with masonry and plumbing.
Now that's dedication! ;) And love.