Russian Tortoise to Rehome in NYC area

JJone7587

Location (City and/or State)
NY
Hello -

I am looking to rehome a nearly four-year-old male Russian Tortoise named Anderson Sheldrake. I don't think my living situation allows me to meet his needs as much as I would like. Its imperative to me that he goes to a loving home that will be able to give him lots of love and space. I had an enclosure made for him that is 65.7 inches long and 26.25 inches wide with a ramp leading to a second level that is 60 centimeters long and 30 centimeters wide. Here are photos of his enclosure:

Ideally, the adopting party would be able to use the enclosure as well. I also have supplements (Sticky Tongue Minerall Indoor formula and TNT Total Nutrition for Tortoises), blocks of coco coir, diet reinforcement products, and pretty much anything he could need.

Anderson is incredibly curious and easy to care for. He will be a wonderful addition to a loving home. Here are some pictures:

I live in the NYC area. If you are interested, please let me know. Please only inquiries from those that are looking to bring Anderson into a loving home.

Jenna

method89

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Malverne, NY
Jenna,

are you sure Anderson is a male? can you post more pictures of his tail area? I'm on Long island and if He is perhaps a She I would definitely be interested.

JJone7587

NY
Hello @method89 -

I am pretty sure. On one occasion, I saw his reproductive organ coming out of his tail. I also took him to the vet for a general well visit and the vet said that the also believed Anderson to be a male based on the ridges on the bottom of his shell.