Ryan breaks 100!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingInCulver

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Well my 4 month old sulcata made it into the triple digit weight class before the new year! I had just weighed him in at 92 grams last weekend - I hope he didn't eat gravel to put on those grams (joking, of course there is no gravel to eat in his enclosure that would be dangerous). He is now 109 grams and about 2.75 inches.

Attachments

• image-2098928225.png
    image-2098928225.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 95
  • image-1443601503.png
    image-1443601503.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 82

Dizisdalife

10 Year Member!
California
Congrats on getting to 100 grams. Hopefully the first of many milestones toward becoming an adult sulcata.

sienna.lynne

5 Year Member
oh how cute! I miss having a tortoise that size! Andrea is no officially 120 pounds or about 54 kg and takes over my whole backyard! have fun watching him grow!

image-663482234.png

Andrea: 14 years

Dizisdalife

10 Year Member!
California
Welcome to the Forum. Andrea is a great looking tortoise. Could you start a new thread and post some more pictures of her?

sienna.lynne said:
oh how cute! I miss having a tortoise that size! Andrea is no officially 120 pounds or about 54 kg and takes over my whole backyard! have fun watching him grow!

View attachment 34436

KingInCulver

5 Year Member
Southern California
Yah I am definitely excited to see him grow, he has been so much fun. I love celebrating these "little" milestones while I still can. By the time he hits 100lbs I'd only be guessing that he actually is that weight, probably wont be able to pick him up to be sure....!! Ha!

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
sienna.lynne said:

View attachment 34436

WOW! Very nice! Maybe you could start a new thread and introduce Andrea (as well as yourself). Make sure to include a ton of photos! I'd like to see a larger version of your avatar!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Very nice King. I consider 100 to be a bit of a milestone. In most cases if a hatchlings makes it to 100, you can breath a little sigh of relief, since they are most likely past all the scary hatchling stuff.

KingInCulver

5 Year Member
Southern California
Thanks Tom! I read the "Hatchling Failure Syndrome" thread when I first joined this forum and it terrified me!! In a positive way, you could say... I would jump out of bed first thing in the morning to make sure that Ryan survived the night, and I installed 3 webcams in his enclosure to keep an eye on his activity, make sure he was doing ok, eating and drinking, and not flipping himself over. Now that we've gotten into a nice steady routine, I don't feel as worrisome, and I've certainly taken a lot of pride in that he seems to be doing well. Thanks to everyone on this forum, what a great group of minds and tortoise enthusiasts! Looking forward to continued growth!!

Status
Not open for further replies.