Sad news :(

tortoiseowner101

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Abu Dhabi ,UAE
Yesterday I bought 3 wild caught hatchling golden greeks for about 9$
Two of them were showing odd behavior and lethargy, that time I knew it reached at a stage that we cannot do anything about, and they passed away today. And the survivor seems healthy and active.ImageUploadedByTortForum1396778101.542089.jpg and here's the other hatchlings for sale ImageUploadedByTortForum1396778199.465716.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Ashes

5 Year Member
Iowa
Oh, I'm sorry... :(

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Wild caught hatchling?? How sad, they may have better chance of survival if they stay in wild. How sad.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
They're keeping those poor babies like they would keep a hamster. You can't expect a baby tortoise to drink out of one of those dipper bottles. Also, the substrate is bad.

Good luck with your remaining baby. I hope it does well for you.

Do you think the store owner would accept help from you in the way of a care sheet? You can print one off from the web and give it to him.

tortoiseowner101

5 Year Member
Abu Dhabi ,UAE
They're keeping those poor babies like they would keep a hamster. You can't expect a baby tortoise to drink out of one of those dipper bottles. Also, the substrate is bad.

Good luck with your remaining baby. I hope it does well for you.

Do you think the store owner would accept help from you in the way of a care sheet? You can print one off from the web and give it to him.
He's uneducated and can't speak or read English. Even if I printed out one in arabic he wouldn't care because they're readily available and are native to jordan, where the shop is located, and I leave to jordan in spring break and summer vacation only.

M

Maggie Cummings

Please be sure to read up on their correct care and give them a water DISH not a bottle...