Safe Plants for Tortoise Enclosure

Joey B.

Location (City and/or State)
Raleigh, NC
What's the best place to get safe plants (pesticide & fertilizer free) for your tortoise enclosure? I went to Lowe's today to try and find a few things and I'm pretty sure most everything there is unusable.

Pure Tortoise Power

Hong Kong
What's the best place to get safe plants (pesticide & fertilizer free) for your tortoise enclosure? I went to Lowe's today to try and find a few things and I'm pretty sure most everything there is unusable.
The safest way, I believe, is to start growing them yourself from seeds. What plants are you planning on growing? Are you growing them indoors or outdoors? If you are planting the seeds in the enclosure, make sure your tort cannot reach where the seeds are planted to ensure sidestep maturation of the plants

Pure Tortoise Power

Hong Kong
The safest way, I believe, is to start growing them yourself from seeds. What plants are you planning on growing? Are you growing them indoors or outdoors? If you are planting the seeds in the enclosure, make sure your tort cannot reach where the seeds are planted to ensure sidestep maturation of the plants
You can also use your tort's faeces as fertilisers.