Safe to feed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlotta84

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Bristol, UK
Good Morning everyone,

I have this nice sedum at home that is growing a lot (I made new plant from the cutting as well!). I was wondering if it safe to feed to my tortoise (I know it is a Sedum but I do not know what type!!)

IMG_1019.JPG

IMG_1020.jpg

IMG_1015.jpg

IMG_1021.jpg

I have it since more than one year and it has not been treated with pesticides and has been re-potted 3 month ago!

Thank you very much for your help!!!

Carlotta

Last edited by a moderator:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I'm not sure. Have you tried looking it up on thetortoisetable.org See if it is listed on there.

Carlotta84

5 Year Member
Bristol, UK
wellington said:
I'm not sure. Have you tried looking it up on thetortoisetable.org See if it is listed on there.

Thanks and Yes I tried!! Unfortunately It is not listed... or there are no similar plants!! I am trying to ask for ID in the thetortoisetable.org forum as well!! The plant is overgrowing and if I can use it as food as well as for decoration it would be perfect!! :D

Carlotta84

5 Year Member
Bristol, UK
Edna said:
To me that looks like a kalanchoe rather than a sedum. Has it bloomed while you've had it? I've read that kalanchoe is not edible. Sedums are edible. Here is a quick link.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...r6ynCg&usg=AFQjCNHoFR30JpS_8wfAdlN4naL5mo4FpA

Hi Edna,

I think you are right!!!
It seems to be a kalanchoe!! I check some pictures on the web and I found some that are very similar to mine in this family!! If so it is toxic and I am not going to let my tortoise eat it!!!
Thank you very much!

Carlotta

Edna

5 Year Member
Rawlins, Wyoming
I don't know what the deal is, but I kill kalanchoes so fast it's just silly. Sedum and I, on the other hand, love each other very much:)

Status
Not open for further replies.