school project ideas, what do you think ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jazzywoo

hi guys
ok here goes when i took dexter into school along with some giant snake skins which i was given and the kids thought it was brill
anyway one of the kids in jazzys class said wow wouldnt it be so cool to make a giant snake picture with snake sheds :)
well 2mths later i have over 100 sheds and we start project snake picture in 2 weeks and the school want me to help the kids :rolleyes:
the kids want to do a 3d effect picture of snake going round a branch and coming out at us ;) oh yes im sure we can do that :p
so i have been doing some sketches
what do you think ? oh and any ideas more than welcome :D
taylor011-2.jpg

taylor012-2.jpg

taylor013-1.jpg

taylor014-1.jpg

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Colorado
I like the first one best but they are all brilliant. :)

Remember that grade school kids will see their own 3-D, even if adults don't, so don't worry about impressing any audience other than Jazzy's classmates. :D

Just participating in the project will bring out their artistic instincts (I used to sub in art a lot and often I would look at the lesson plans and materials and be very nervous that kindergareners/first graders would just be unfocused and make a mess and not produce anything of note, and virtually every time I was in this situation the kids would surprise me by coming up with such clever, creative concepts and techniques that I'd be left gratefully admiring their work!) I predict that it will turn out a smashing success, and the kids will love the outcome of their "snake picture"! :p

chikken

5 Year Member
CT
Those look amazing. Do the kids want to do something like glue bits of shed onto the underdrawings to make realistic looking snake pictures? That's such a creative idea... kids come up with the best stuff. And what a cool parent you are for doing all of this stuff with them!

J

jazzywoo

chikken said:
Those look amazing. Do the kids want to do something like glue bits of shed onto the underdrawings to make realistic looking snake pictures? That's such a creative idea... kids come up with the best stuff. And what a cool parent you are for doing all of this stuff with them!

yes we have saved tree bark from out log pile and dry leaves and we have over 100 snake sheds to play with should be fun :D

chikken

5 Year Member
CT
That's great! I want to use that idea in my own classroom! I'm not sure how the parents I deal with-- or the administration ( :rolleyes: )-- would react to having a shed skin picture brought home, but other natural elements would be perfect! :D

J

jazzywoo

chikken said:
That's great! I want to use that idea in my own classroom! I'm not sure how the parents I deal with-- or the administration ( :rolleyes: )-- would react to having a shed skin picture brought home, but other natural elements would be perfect! :D

and why not ? the school have used a snake shed before in a picture im actually looking forward to seeing how it works out well i hope it does work out lol

sammi

10 Year Member!
San Diego, CA
That's an awesome idea! Now you know you are obligated to show us the finished product too right? :p

J

jazzywoo

sammi said:
That's an awesome idea! Now you know you are obligated to show us the finished product too right? :p

i willi promise start in next 2 weeks

chikken

5 Year Member
CT
jazzywoo said:
and why not ? the school have used a snake shed before in a picture im actually looking forward to seeing how it works out well i hope it does work out lol

i was gonna say "well, you know how parents can be", but you're a cool parent. a lot of them are afraid of "icky" though... especially around things they're just not knowledgeable enough about (like that the shed skin isn't at all icky). i'm sure even some of them would be creeped out that i have various fossils and skulls and preserved sea animals kicking around. :rolleyes: i should teach at a nature center instead. ;)
i seriously can't wait to see the finished product... and some in process shots too!

Status
Not open for further replies.