Search threads by member

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeanutbuttER

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Utah
Is there a way to search for threads by member? For instance, if I wanted to search for Mazuri and I knew that so and so had said something cool about like 6 months ago on someone else's thread, is there a way I could search for all the threads that so and so posted crossed with any references to mazuri?

I hope that made sense.

Seiryu

10 Year Member!
SE Michigan
PeanutbuttER said:
Is there a way to search for threads by member? For instance, if I wanted to search for Mazuri and I knew that so and so had said something cool about like 6 months ago on someone else's thread, is there a way I could search for all the threads that so and so posted crossed with any references to mazuri?

I hope that made sense.

Yes. When you hit the Search button you'll of course go to the search page. On the right there is a "Search by Username"

PeanutbuttER

5 Year Member
Utah
Doesn't that search only for posts by that member? Ie, while you'll find all of someone's posts, you won't find all of someone's post about some other topic.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
If you go to So-and-so's User CP page (click on his user name) it will show you on the left side, "Find all threads" "Find all posts."

The "threads" one only gives you threads initiated by that user, while the "posts" one will show you every single post that user has ever made.

Status
Not open for further replies.