Security

Nsav

Location (City and/or State)
Robbinsville NJ
I got a new home security system from Amazon, and it only cost me $8. Here it is….

I also got one for a friend who keeps spotted turtles and western painted turtles.

Attachments

• IMG_1868.jpeg
    IMG_1868.jpeg
    327.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1867.jpeg
    IMG_1867.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 2

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
This is not a joke! I always hear people saying that turtles are safe, friendly pets, not like snakes and lizards. But that's because they never had the terrifying experience of an encounter of the snappy kind with my RES.

Nsav

Robbinsville NJ
Great point. My tort is only 7 months old so it’ll probably be a year before I move him outside. And then I’ll put the sign on his outdoor enclosure.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
This is not a joke! I always hear people saying that turtles are safe, friendly pets, not like snakes and lizards. But that's because they never had the terrifying experience of an encounter of the snappy kind with my RES.
But seriously. Turtles and tortoises are slow. Unless you try to feed them with fingers in the way or are talking about the actual snapping species and they are picked up incorrectly, tortoises and turtles are very non threatening.
I always get a kick out of the threads, my tortoise keeps ramming my ankles, what should I do. Duh, step out of the way. They can't really out run, heck or out walk a human. A baby human yes, any walking human, no.

Renee_H

Glendora, Ca
LOL, I would keep that INSIDE my yard, but never outward facing. I don't want strangers to know there's a tortoise here. Too tempting to steal...
Yes my mom sent me a link for one of these signs and my first thought was, I don’t want anyone knowing I have a tortoise! (We know I don’t yet but still) as it is I worry about the landscapers, pool guy, etc etc 😄
But will look cute hung at the enclosure!

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
London, UK
Yes best not to advertise you have a tortoise as easy to steal in a pocket. If you found the attention of the wrong people. They are also not like a dog, so hardly capable of chasing of anyone although I think there are a few large ones that would be up for the challenge.