Seeking help regarding my turtle

ogway

Location (City and/or State)
Maharashtra
Hi everyone, my name is Viraj. I am from India
I just had a minor query to ask you .
My red ear slider ogway age. 8 months.
Has not been eating since the last three days and hasn't steeped into water for 3 days either.Also he has not been moving much he just goes around in circles in the basking IMG_20240704_165317.jpgIMAGE 2Image 3Image 4Image 5Turtle habitat

Attachments

• IMG_20240704_165233.jpg
    IMG_20240704_165233.jpg
    830.9 KB · Views: 2

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hi everyone, my name is Viraj. I am from India
I just had a minor query to ask you .
My red ear slider ogway age. 8 months.
Has not been eating since the last three days and hasn't steeped into water for 3 days either.Also he has not been moving much he just goes around in circles in the basking View attachment 373468View attachment 373469View attachment 373470View attachment 373472View attachment 373471View attachment 373474
What is under the towel?
What do you feed the turtle?
What is the water temperature?
Is there a UV source?

DoubleD1996!

Memphis
Hey there.

Well there are a few factors. One. I wouldn't consider this as a proper set up.

The industry markets these as the proper set ups to rear up babies, but there isn't enough water volume. You want something like an aquarium to raise them up; eventually transitioning into a pool, or small pond(whichever is attainable).

Another thing is temperature. The water needs to be at least in the mid to upper 80sF so they can eat.

Diet also. These guys are omnivores, eating a wide variety of things like aquatic vegetation, weeds, fish, raw meat, shrimp, snails etc.

Proper lighting. I see a little flaring on the shell. It's normal to peel as they grow, but not flare up. You need a basking area with uvb, and heat. Get him outside in something secure if you can. Natural sun is unmatched.

Lastly filtration, water quality is very important. A good filter and a weekly water change helps.

Here's a reference video. Hope I was of help my friend:

ogway

Maharashtra
What is under the towel
Answer 1:I tried to temporarily create a shade and light kind of effect for the turtle who just sits on the edge it just roates and bask's whichever part he wants.

What do you feed the turtle?
Answer 2 :IMG_20240707_071647.jpg
IMG_20240707_071630.jpg

What is the water temperature?
Answer 3 : In my area the usual temperature nowadays is around 77° to 78° Fahrenheit and because of the heat lamp it increases to a 80° Fahrenheit

Is there a UV source?
Answer 4: Yes there is a uv source and also everyday we provide him with natural sunlight for 1 hour daily

Hey Tom thank you for response
Below are the answers for your question

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Answer 4: Yes there is a uv source and also everyday we provide him with natural sunlight for 1 hour daily

If you're referring to the halogen bulb in the picture, that's not a good source of UVB. If it's one at all.

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Don’t know if this helps but this is what I feed my baby red eared slider. Babies are finicky and this stuff works great! I got it on Amazon. The food you are using is for adult turtles . Also, if you put him in a 10 gallon tank of 2” deep water , spoon out a little of the food I showed you and see him eat it right up! Hope this helps… 🙏❤️

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Answer 1:I tried to temporarily create a shade and light kind of effect for the turtle who just sits on the edge it just roates and bask's whichever part he wants.

Answer 2 :View attachment 373569
View attachment 373570

Answer 3 : In my area the usual temperature nowadays is around 77° to 78° Fahrenheit and because of the heat lamp it increases to a 80° Fahrenheit

Hey Tom thank you for response
Below are the answers for your question
That light you are using gets really HOT I have one. It is no good. It might be burning him a little or cooking his brain. I don’t like that little light at all!!! Sorry just trying to help you with your turtle