Semi Closed Chamber

hessbrit

My boyfriend is working on a better closed chamber for Squirt, but for now I'm trying to make the aquarium work for us. There are still small holes where humidity and warm air can escape, but I'm hoping the Reptifogger will help compensate for that. I only have the little wall mount hygrometer right now so I know it's not the most accurate. It's reading at 90% right now which I assume is a little bit overestimating. I'm going to look for a better one this week. Until then here's a picture of my rigged setup.image.jpgimage.jpg

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Medford Oregon
lookin good but those circle gauges are kinda crappy they're not very accurate you could go to walmart, lowes, or homedepot and get a digital accurite for like 8 dollars they're very accurate and what lot of us use

hessbrit

Once I get a digital one do you recommend I keep it near his basking spot, or where else?

G-stars

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
There's some dual ones that read temps and humidity. I would get 2 to check hot side and cold side. Also put a rock under basking side and check that temp with a temp gun.

hessbrit

There's some dual ones that read temps and humidity. I would get 2 to check hot side and cold side. Also put a rock under basking side and check that temp with a temp gun.

It's hard to see because it's partially covered by food and sphagnum moss but he does have a small slate under his basking light. He really enjoys laying in the squishy moss so I like him to have a choice :)