Server Upgrades!

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Redlands, CA
Hi all,

Thanks for your patience while we go through some growing pains. Work should begin in the next few hours and continue for a day or two. The site will be temporarily unreachable at times but everything will be restored to full working order once we're done.

As always, thank you all for making this place the great resource that it is. I appreciate you all. Thank you especially to our donors and supporters. You help keep this resource FREE for all and you enable us to have a robust system in place to keep the forum thriving (and even safely backed up)!

Stay tuned for more updates as they happen and be good to each other!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Thanks for all you do 🤗 I'll try real hard to be more patient next time.❤️ I promise.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
Great! Any new enhancements once everything's done?

This time it's mostly about restoring functionality we lost when we ran out of disk space.

For instance, post histories and search results should be working properly now. Please let me know here if you guys experience anything wonky.

There's some cool stuff we can try adding like upvotes (a reddit-style voting system to rank thread replies), and Q&A threads where the originating poster can flag a reply as the solution the problem they were posting about.

As always, I'm open to hearing suggestions for improvements as well. I know a lot of these performance problems have been lingering for way too long so I'm very happy to see those being fixed.

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
Thank you! The search is working now and I'm immensely happy :)

Unfortunately, I can't still find posts by some members. Like this one: https://tortoiseforum.org/search/member?user_id=157688

And for some reason, some recent messages aren't seen in Postings and Messages under user profile, but I can see them under the Latest activity tab. E.g. here: https://tortoiseforum.org/members/markw84.17498/#latest-activity

Also, I miss the ability to search for messages of disabled accounts (like @deadheadvet) - there is a workaround, though (to find any older post, click on username and go to the Messages tab). (Oh, mentions still work, interesting)

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Also, I miss the ability to search for messages of disabled accounts (like @deadheadvet) - there is a workaround, though (to find any older post, click on username and go to the Messages tab). (Oh, mentions still work, interesting)

The 'disabled' accounts are still searchable; the autocomplete just doesn't pop up while typing their username if they haven't visited the forum recently (within 6 months I think).