Sex and eastern/western?

rockinghorse

5 Year Member
Thanks!!! I hope Cleo sounds unisex, because Petsmart told me he was a girl!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
It seems every tort that is purchased from Petsmart or Petco is the opposite sex then what the buyer is told. With that long tail, gotta be a male:D. I knew of a male horse named Cleo, so I think it works:)

rockinghorse

5 Year Member
It was so funny. After 6-8 weeks of getting the more important things in order for Cleo, I came across a thread about sexing Hermanns. I had to check. So when I read that male tails were longer I kind of knew. That thing is like a 3rd leg! It will be interesting to see how my girls handle the news. :)

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Pacific NorthWET
ImageUploadedByTortForum1383452554.433226.jpg

Piglet says "Eastern like me, male...like me!" [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES][GROWING HEART]

Last edited by a moderator:

rockinghorse

5 Year Member
Piglet is so cute. I also have. That same plant in Cleo's habitat and "he" loves to burrow under it.

Jabuticaba

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, MB
rockinghorse said:
It was so funny. After 6-8 weeks of getting the more important things in order for Cleo, I came across a thread about sexing Hermanns. I had to check. So when I read that male tails were longer I kind of knew. That thing is like a 3rd leg! It will be interesting to see how my girls handle the news. :)

Have you been flashed, already?!

rockinghorse

5 Year Member
Actually, yes! It was on the first day I owned her (so I thought) and I thought, that's weird that a female would urinate like that- at least that's what I thought it was doing. It was my first suspicion.