Sex my pancake

mollydee

This is penny lane - we were told she was female - having some doubts . Any thoughts ?

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1399220528.994801.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1399220547.126826.jpg

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Neverland!
I have minimal experience with pancakes, but that's a mighty big tail. If they're like other species when it comes to sexing, I'd say you've probably got a male.

mollydee

Yeah her tail is pretty big couldn't get a good picture - & she humped a rock the other day . These are all my boyfriends observations .

mollydee

Yes I didn't witness the rock humping but apparently so . Blah guess we need a new name

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
That's a boy for sure. Females tails are very small. If it were a female the tip of the tail couldn't even extend past either left or right anal scute.

Kinda a bad photo of a couple of ours.
But theirs a pic to see of both male/female
http://www.tortoisesanctuary.org/288/

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Did you see the pictures I posted? Yours looks male to me. My personal favorite is to ask it to dance. For me if it's a male, they get all uppity, but don't hit real hard. Females on the other hand, we start juke box jumping Hope this helps.

mollydee

Did you see the pictures I posted? Yours looks male to me. My personal favorite is to ask it to dance. For me if it's a male, they get all uppity, but don't hit real hard. Females on the other hand, we start juke box jumping Hope this helps.

Where did you post a picture ? I think I missed it . & this may be a very dumb question but ask it to dance ?

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
Ken was saying that if you ask a male tortoise to dance, he'll say okay to you. Whereas a female would decline.