Shell care

Status
Not open for further replies.

IowaGuy28

5 Year Member
Every morning I like to spray down the shell of my sulcata, he's maybe 7 1/2 inch big now. I spray him down when I decide not to soak him, his enclosure doesn't allow for much of a messing tort. I was wondering, could I ad maybe a cap full of mineral oil to the spray bottle to keep his shell from being totally dry? Just a thought...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
No. Mineral oil is non-absorptive and wouldn't do much good in the lubricating department. If you'd like to use it to make the shell look "pretty," you can apply a small amount with a soft cloth then wipe off the excess - thoroughly.

MasterOogway

5 Year Member
The pet store recommended opening vitamin e capsules and using the vitamin e . Has anyone tried this ?

DaisyDuke

10 Year Member!
MasterOogway said:
The pet store recommended opening vitamin e capsules and using the vitamin e . Has anyone tried this ?

I used vitamin E this way for my rabbit when she had an infection on her lip. She really grew a whole new lip while the infected one slowly fell off. I would try it. But it's always better to talk to a vet over people at the pet store.

Status
Not open for further replies.