Shell dents

TuckerDucker

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Missouri
I posted here panicking about my juvenile RF and his pyramiding.
Good news: the pyramiding isn't nearly as bad as I thought.
Bad news: it's because I didn't know that, from my angle, I was really looking at massive dents in his shell.

My boyfriend's the one who normally feeds and soaks him, so I don't do a whole lot of handling. I'm just the person with the money and the research.

I bought the RF as a 3 or 4 month old hatchling. The breeder told me he had a dent in his shell, and it appeared to be just a little dent on his back. I didn't think a whole lot of it.

Now that my RF is growing, the dent is much more prominent (go figure). There's not only one dent on the back, but another on the front. I don't care looks-wise, but is this something that might affect his health or how he feels when he (and the dents) get bigger? Or will he probably just be fine and look a little wonky?Screenshot_20181116-143354.png

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
As long as you have the care right now. - humidity and temperatures and diet, - then he'll probably be fine. Just a little character in the shell. I have seen far worse

TuckerDucker

5 Year Member
Missouri
As long as you have the care right now. - humidity and temperatures and diet, - then he'll probably be fine. Just a little character in the shell. I have seen far worse
That's good! I actually think his dents look sorta neat, I just wanted to make sure he's likely not hurting from it.