SHELL DISCOLORATION ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lolly

5 Year Member
I have 2 spur thigh torts, both eat well and their shells are shiny but I have noticed little greyish lines appearing round the edges, the best was I can discribe the marking is...........like an ECG reading when the needle goes crazy on the read out......should I be worried ?

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
USA
Nope nothing to worry about :) It's perfectly normal and natural. The little wavy lines in the scute will become less noticiable as the tortoise gets older.

Danny

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
BEEP.... BEEP..... BEEP..... crash cart stat.

Lolly

5 Year Member
Thank you Eygptiandan for your help and to dmmj....I would rather be safe than sorry.....My torts are very precious to me and I would hate to think I was mistreating them, obviously you treat questions on here as a joke......I apologise if I am reading your reply wrongly.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Lolly, you'll get to know us all in time. Let me try to explain what went down here. Danny is like the "Most Interesting Man In The World" when it comes to tortoises. Whatever side of the tracks he's on is the right side. I don't know of, and have never heard of, anyone who knows more than he. So, once Danny has spoken on a matter like this, there is really know need for anyone else to chime in with an answer. You should feel lucky and privileged when Danny chimes in on one of your threads. I do.

Now dmmj, is an experienced, knowledgeable, caring, tortoise keeper. He's also EXTREMELY funny and very quick witted. He has an unrivaled talent for interjecting humor. Once he saw that Danny had your question completely covered, he took the opportunity, as he often does, to make us laugh.

Everyones tortoise are precious to them here and no one wants to mistreat them or see anyone else's mistreated, but like my boss says, "Who says you can't have a little fun while you're working?"

If you stick around a while you'll get to know everyone a little better and you will learn as much about tortoises as you want to.

Lolly

5 Year Member
I was very grateful for Danny's advice. Being a newbie on here I did not understand dmmj's reply was his sense of humour, as you say "Stick around and I will get used to you all"........but I did apologise before hand if I had mis-read his comments and I obviously did.....................I am I assure you very grateful for all the help I get on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.