Shell Growth Opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Washington
Yup! We got married almost a month ago. Thus my recent absences. As promised here is an updated enclosure picture. You can see everything except part of the plant at the bottom of the picture. We got Trevor a new half log at the Puyallup WA tortoise expo yesterday, as well as a CHE for when his goes out, some organic edible flowers for $5, and a t-shirt for me.

31327af.jpg

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Congratulationsss Kate :D
I love Trevor's enclosure, it is beautiful!
What are the 2 kinds of plant in the enclosure? Are they real?

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
All three are fake (one at the top, one in the middle, and one kinda hiding on the bottom). We both love the fake plants. The enclosure has been a work in progress for quite a while. I think it's good for another year or so until we'll have to give Trevor a bit more space as he's had this same amount since we got him (he's grown 1.5 inches SCL since then). Planning to install a second story by adding a shelf to 1/3 to 1/2 of it, with a ramp & railing. After that, maybe a Waterland land tub is in order. We plan to put him in the office when we have a larger place so the black plastic tub would go well with our furniture. Right now he's in the dining room lol.

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Trevor was so cute in his birthday picture with the hat (you should submit that photo to the contest!). I wonder if he was in any of the wedding photos...that would have been a hoot! Glad he is growing and ingratiating himself to his keepers.:D

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
Already submitted a different contest picture. He was at the wedding--we put a picture of him by the cake. We wanted him to be a ring bearer, but that would have doubled the length of our ten minute ceremony. :)

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
Ohh! Post that pic please!

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
tortoisenerd said:
All three are fake (one at the top, one in the middle, and one kinda hiding on the bottom). We both love the fake plants.

It looks beautiful! They look like natural plants :)

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
I LOVE his set-up!! Now I want to remodel Nelson's enclosure ;)
I love how you have the pile of aspen next to the log...everything is just so perfectly arranged!
I need to get Nelson a bigger piece of slate already, and he's only 5 months old! He pushes his lettuce all over and it gets in his substrate- I don't want him ingesting the sand/coir!! I put some river rocks around the tile to act as a sort of barrier which has helped a lot, but I still think a larger tile would be best!
Oops sorry I'm rambling ;)

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
The picture at the wedding was the one I submitted for the contest (repeated below)! My favorite one of him.

vex8pc.jpg

Katie-That sounds great. We pick up his "room" daily as he's messy. Loves to dig! He was climbing the log and scaring me as he could make it up (with the old one, this one is too high) but just barely, so I made it easier and he loves it. I like to safely encourage him to climb and be a tortoise.

Status
Not open for further replies.