Should i change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yoda3106

5 Year Member
I saw a tread earlier about soaking before or after feeding and what i found was that the majority of you soak your torts before there feed because this can give them more if an appetite, well, I soak ours in the evening because if in the morning, I'd only end up disturbing them, I like to let them wake naturally!! They do feed in the morning, then again in the afternoon then after the 2nd feed I soak them then they go bed!!

Is this true that it gives them a better appetite? If so, should I change this? Or leave it??

reticguy76

5 Year Member
I dont have a set soaking schedule for my dt. I soak Cooter 4 times a week in a tub of water half in the sun half in the shade for a couple hours. Cooter is not on any sort of real schedule for anything. i feed him/her once a day at some point and he/she eats. Now that being said, my dt is wc (baby, maybe a year old or so) and i assume didnt have much of a schedule in the wild and just ate/soaked/went to the bathroom whenever, wherever. However, i do soak him/her midday-late afternoon, so that is kinda schedule, i suppose haha

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I soak my leopard between 5:30 and 6:30 depends on when I get him. His lights are out at 7:00. He always has food left over from his afternoon feeding. I make sure I put him back in his enclosure before the lights out incase he wants to eat again. Half the time he does, half the time he runs back to his hide to sleep. If it is easier to do it the way you are, I wouldn't change a thing:D

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I soak my leopards before I feed them, on the days (which are rare) I don't soak them they seem to have less of an appetite.

Jacob

5 Year Member
California
I dont have any set soaking time, although i usually do it in the evenings around 6-7.

Status
Not open for further replies.