Cuttlefish

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
I found some cuttlefish on the beach. Can I feed them to my torts and if so, do I need to boil them or soak them first before feeding. In other words is there anything I need to do to them besides washing them before I give them to the torts?

Marianna

Crete Greece
I always collect them from the beach. I soak them for a day, just to be sure, and then boil them in water for 5 minutes.
I put them everywhere in their outdoor enclosure and my tortoises love them. Actually this year when they came out of hibernation, it was the first thing they went for!

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Not sure about the answer to your question but I’d love to see some photos!
I am going to have to find some more and will post then. As my dog got a hold of the three that I had and chewed them into little bits. [emoji85] so it seems that torts are not the only ones who like cuttlefish.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I always collect them from the beach. I soak them for a day, just to be sure, and then boil them in water for 5 minutes.
I put them everywhere in their outdoor enclosure and my tortoises love them. Actually this year when they came out of hibernation, it was the first thing they went for!
Great. Thank you. The next lot I find I will be doing that then. As well as hiding them from my dog.