Show me your pets!!

anloni

Location (City and/or State)
Sweden
WP_20140803_002.jpg DSCI0025.JPG WP_20140925_042.jpg WP_20141103_015.jpg

Two cockatiels (Kasper and Pärlan). We don't know why one of them don't have feathers, I think it's because she's unhappy and hate us.
Two dogs. One "Golden Retriever" (Loke) and one "Grosser Scweizer Sennen" (Zeke).
And of course my Russian tortoise (Yoshi).

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California

anloni

Sweden
The second picture of the black dog looks almost like a short haired Swiss mountain dog. Crazy! Beautiful dog
It is ! "Grosser schewizer sennen" is the "real" name ^^ . He is really beautiful ! His parents and most siblings are/was show dogs. He could be too but we never really cared for all that.

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
It is ! "Grosser schewizer sennen" is the "real" name ^^ . He is really beautiful ! His parents and siblings are/was show dogs. He could be too but we never really cared for all that.
I'll have to sent that picture to my girlfriend. She's IN LOVE with them. She talks about how gentle and nice they are. I've only came into contact with one.

anloni

Sweden
005 (2).JPG DSCI0010.jpg DSCI0164.JPG mobilbilder 027.JPG
I'll have to sent that picture to my girlfriend. She's IN LOVE with them. She talks about how gentle and nice they are. I've only came into contact with one.
They are wonderful dogs, not the easiest breed, but I truly recomend them to anyone who feel like they can handle a dog with great personality. I have never meet a more wonderful dog than him. This is some of my favorite pictures of him.
005 (2).JPG DSCI0010.jpg DSCI0164.JPG mobilbilder 027.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Prairie Mom

I have a 13-year-old springer lab mix named Aspen,View attachment 97137A cat named Methos, View attachment 97138A cat named Mini, View attachment 97139and three chickens named red white and blue.View attachment 97140and of course my Russian tortoise Yurik, View attachment 97141and my box turtle Tickle. View attachment 97142
awww...you have great looking pets, but your photo of "Aspen" melted my heart. First, I love seeing sweet old dogs more than a cute puppy any day! Also, I used to have an "Aspen" too. She's in heaven after living a good long life. I hope your Aspen continues to have good health and happiness:)

Prairie Mom

Alright...couldn't resist. :) I want to show my beasties too!

This is our sweet new sulcata "Mavis." We found her stray in bad weather and no one claimed her.
She is one of the sweetest surprises our family has ever had.
mavis watermelon close.jpg

Our dog "Token." He's never sure if he is a cat or a child. He definitely doesn't know he's a dog!:)
small catbed.jpg

My husband relaxing with FOUR of my SIX cats. Our dog is squished among the cats too. "Token" has managed to be adopted by our cat colony and actually seems to fit in the pecking order. Our cat that is laying against the dog's stomach seems to be the "alpha" and he's a sweet cuddle ball too. I have lots of photos of our pets smothering my husband. I am a firm believer that animals can sense a lot about people's character and the photos of my husband surrounded by adoring beasties says EVERYTHING you need to know about this kind man!
ben couch.jpg

The ONLY SELFIE I have EVER taken!!! :) My dog was being so sweet and covering me in licks to say "THANK YOU" for being taken to spend the day in the mountains.
small token lick.jpg

2 of our 3 goldfish. I love these goldfish. We've had them for six years so far.
tea fish.jpg

Our Crayfish "Eddie." He is surprisingly friendly and interactive. We've only had him a little over a year. The stinker managed to get out of his tank once and he ACTUALLY CAME TO ME. I couldn't believe it!
eddie cave.jpg

This is "Cheese" our grey tree squirrel. I have done some squirrel rehabbing where I live and this little guy is imprinted and un-releasable. He will stay a member of our family forever. We're doing our best to give him a good quality of life and love him very much. He has an entire basement bedroom that is decked out like a forest with mountains of tree parts. There is also a duct that leads from his room up into the basement ceiling and out into an outdoor enclosure in our backyard.
cheese room.jpg

a photo of our tree squirrel enjoying a walnut and some snuggles
kids cheese.jpg

Last edited:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It's raining and I don't want to do outside chores in the rain, so I thought I'd take pictures. I found most of the cats.

This is Spencer. She was a stray with hidden kittens. She's now been spayed and the kittens adopted out. I've only had her for a few months, but she has taken over the top spot in my heart:

Spencer 11-13-14.jpg

This one is Lady Grey. If you look closely at her front feet you can see that she has "thumbs." She was a stray at the school my daughter works at and the custodian trapped her. My daughter's soft heart wouldn't allow him to call the SPCA, so she became mine:

Lady Grey 11-13-14.jpg

These two goof balls are Billie Boy on the left, and Mr. Kitty. Both strays that I trapped and neutered:

Billie Boy & Mr. Kitty 11-13-14.jpg

This one is Little Missy Kitty. She was a stray that was injured from being abused. After my favorite cat was euthanized I brought Little Missy Kitty in the house to be a house cat. She's afraid of all the outside cats and it was a good choice:

Little Missy Kitty 11-13-14.jpg

I couldn't find Little Brother. He's a black cat that showed up here about 12 years ago. He comes around for dinner, but I hardly ever see him any other time.

This one is the latest to show up on my doorstep (Felix). So far he's un-neutered, but after I gain his trust, I'll take him in to be snipped:

Felix 11-4-14.jpg

Prairie Mom

It's raining and I don't want to do outside chores in the rain, so I thought I'd take pictures. I found most of the cats.

This is Spencer. She was a stray with hidden kittens. She's now been spayed and the kittens adopted out. I've only had her for a few months, but she has taken over the top spot in my heart:

View attachment 104420

This one is Lady Grey. If you look closely at her front feet you can see that she has "thumbs." She was a stray at the school my daughter works at and the custodian trapped her. My daughter's soft heart wouldn't allow him to call the SPCA, so she became mine:

View attachment 104423

These two goof balls are Billie Boy on the left, and Mr. Kitty. Both strays that I trapped and neutered:

View attachment 104431

This one is Little Missy Kitty. She was a stray that was injured from being abused. After my favorite cat was euthanized I brought Little Missy Kitty in the house to be a house cat. She's afraid of all the outside cats and it was a good choice:

View attachment 104432

I couldn't find Little Brother. He's a black cat that showed up here about 12 years ago. He comes around for dinner, but I hardly ever see him any other time.

This one is the latest to show up on my doorstep (Felix). So far he's un-neutered, but after I gain his trust, I'll take him in to be snipped:

View attachment 104435
Oh my goodness...I want to kiss those fuzzy kitty foreheads so much!:) So, am I counting SEVEN cats? Darn! You have me BEAT for the crazy cat lady contest!;) I love that you are helping these strays out and finding homes for the kittens etc. I've done a bit of that myself. Fun seeing your felines!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I used to lock them up in the 'old house' (the vacant house at the back of my property that you see behind Lady Grey), and visit them several times throughout the day, along with feeding and cleaning, etc. Then after a month or so I would let them go. I did this so they would stick around and be MY cats. But now, when I take in a stray, I get it neutered right away and just let it go. If it leaves the property, so be it. But so far they've all stayed here.

Prairie Mom

My babies

--Your little Phebe is absolutely adorable! I love the expression on your cat's face.-He's just patiently humoring her! ha ha Your cats are really cute.
-I remember your thread about the frog (such a cute story)
-Is that crab as BIG as I think it is? what size tank is that?
-Also curious about your birdies?