Show us your Russian tortoises

Location (City and/or State)
SoCal
IMG_20160717_165511.jpg Four are missing from this photo, three of my Juvies and a hatchling. I've since broken this colony into two groups, my breeders and my Juvies. This was their last meal together as a herd, so I figured why not have a bellpepper party.

GingerLove

5 Year Member
Wow! You have such a nice area for your tortoises, and that little one is SO cute!!!! Great job spoiling your torts! :)

Eileen Turpin

What a brood, except you wife ;-). The little one is adorable, I have two torts and two dogs myself.

Linhdan Nguyen

Maryland
I have come to the conclusion I have a shy tort on my hands. temps and humidity are great (I have been monitoring them like a hawk) and he doesn't want to come out of his hide. he'll only eat small amounts and then hide. and he will eat when outside. any ideas on how to get a shy Russian to "come out of its shell" lol
Gordon's smooth domed shell is beautiful!
Tortoises will stop being so shy after a couple weeks or even months after they've arrived to their new home. Im not sure how long you've had him. But FOOD always gets tortoises coming . Be patient though. Also, maybe adding more plants for them to hide under will encourage them to come out. They'll probably come out & hide behind a plant but baby steps

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Wow! You have such a nice area for your tortoises, and that little one is SO cute!!!! Great job spoiling your torts! :)

I no longer have those thar Russian tortoises, they were adopted out while I was in medical recovery a year ago. They did, though, have a wonderful outside pen, and I'm very happy that Jodie took them in to be part of her tortoise brood. They are happy and she and hers are happy with them.
She has, at this stage, adopted them with my full and complete blessing.
On another side note, the two precious baby russian photos are not mine, either. Those were scalped photos I cannibalized from this very forum some two,(2) years ago.
Peace,
Cowboy Ken

GingerLove

5 Year Member
I no longer have those thar Russian tortoises, they were adopted out while I was in medical recovery a year ago. They did, though, have a wonderful outside pen, and I'm very happy that Jodie took them in to be part of her tortoise brood. They are happy and she and hers are happy with them.
She has, at this stage, adopted them with my full and complete blessing.
On another side note, the two precious baby russian photos are not mine, either. Those were scalped photos I cannibalized from this very forum some two,(2) years ago.
Peace,
Cowboy Ken

I'm glad that you seem to be recovered :), and I'm sure that you gave them to the best owner. Looks like you took good care of them when you had them, though. :) I think I might scalp and cannibalize those photos as well. ;)