Sick Redfoots

Status
Not open for further replies.

eudora09

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Tucson, Arizona
Dozer and Aurora got sick while I was out for Christmas. My friend who I paid to come buy and feed and water them while I went to visit my mom didn't let me know that the redfoot's heat lamp burned out. So when I got back home yesterday they were both sneezing :(... I took them to the vet (Acacia Animal Hospital) here in Tucson and they did an exam and diagnosed them with RI. Dozer got 2 shots (1 to rehydrate him (apparently he didn't eat the whole time I was gone either) and 1 for inflammation) and they gave both of them an oral antibiotic to take every day for the next 2 weeks. For anyone that lives here I would recommend Acacia, they are very nice and personable.

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
eudora09 said:
Dozer and Aurora got sick while I was out for Christmas. My friend who I paid to come buy and feed and water them while I went to visit my mom didn't let me know that the redfoot's heat lamp burned out. So when I got back home yesterday they were both sneezing :(... I took them to the vet (Acacia Animal Hospital) here in Tucson and they did an exam and diagnosed them with RI. Dozer got 2 shots (1 to rehydrate him (apparently he didn't eat the whole time I was gone either) and 1 for inflammation) and they gave both of them an oral antibiotic to take every day for the next 2 weeks. For anyone that lives here I would recommend Acacia, they are very nice and personable.

I hope they get better soon. keep us posted

LindaF

5 Year Member
I hope they get better real fast. Sorry this happened to them. Let us know how they do.

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
That is one of my worst nightmares! I'm sure they will recover well. Keep them extra warm while they recover.

tortoises101

5 Year Member
Ontario, Canada
I agree with Kimber. Keep the enclosure nice and humid, and raise all temperatures by 5F. Also check regularly to make sure they are adaquately hydrated and take them to the vet ASAP.

eudora09

5 Year Member
Tucson, Arizona
Thanks for the support! They are feeling a little better. Dozer is actually eating again and running around.

tortoises101 said:
I agree with Kimber. Keep the enclosure nice and humid, and raise all temperatures by 5F. Also check regularly to make sure they are adaquately hydrated and take them to the vet ASAP.

They did go to the vet on Thursday. They went to Acacia Animal Hospital and got a few shots and some oral meds.

Status
Not open for further replies.