Sick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RogerTheTortoise

5 Year Member
Roger has had some bubbles coming from his nose the last week-ish, but I only noticed it when he was soaking, assuming it was water. However he just sneezed 3 times (which I've never heard him do before and it was ADORABLEEE!!!) anyways he had a few bubbles after. He's still just as active and eats more than ever. His hot spot is 101-105 and cool is 74-78.... What do y'all think?

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Greenfield, In.
It may be an Upper Respiratory Infection. I would, to be on the safe side, get him to a vet in case he needs Baytril. Better to get it going then to wait and something bad happen. I wish you the best!

tortoise-kid

5 Year Member
That defiantly sounds like the symptoms of a Respiratory Infection. The problem might be humidity. My Red Foot once had swollen eyes and the bubbles. I did a little research and started spraying him down more frequently. The symptoms went away.

But if they don't please go to the vet.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
Bubbles only when in the water and temps are good, appetite is good.. I wouldnt worry too much.. watch closely...
be sure you have a vet lined up if you do need to go..

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Since it happened after soaking I would take a wait and see approach. For the moment just keep an eye on him and watch for further symptoms.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Open mouth breathing, loss of appetite

Status
Not open for further replies.