Single Sully

Sulcata Buddies

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

griefold

5 Year Member
I have my first sulcata hatchling now, but I am confused as to if he/ she should have a companion sulcata. I have read both views and to say that they contradict one another is ridiculous. I only want to know if I should do it or not. Should Alex have a buddy sully or just be a loner. :D

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
No. They might get along for a little while but then they may bully each other. If you have the room, lots of room to give them their own enclosure inside and out, when small and big then get another if you want. However, it wouldn't really be a companion at that time.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
I've had two siblings together. It was great. While little, they would cuddle up to each for warmth. It was the cutest the thing I ever saw. As they were growing I noticed that o e would seem upset when the other would scramble to eat not only his food but all the food. Afterwards, it became apparent that one wasn't thriving as well. I separated them even though there was never fighting or a bite. They share a big back yard, but they don't mess with each other. So, while I once didn't agree about loners, I do now because they are.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Don't refer to him as a loner.

Call him the King of his own castle :D
And yes, let him stay that way.

Sent from my TFOapp

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Sulcatas do not need or want companions. Pairs are the worst way to keep them. Usually they will get along in groups, but singles are best by far. Another tortoise will not be seen as a friend, it will be seen as a competitor, combatant, or intruder. One or both of them will suffer.

Status
Not open for further replies.