Old member, new tortoise

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
Hi all, I don't know if anyone will remember me, it's been a while! I have had a Russian tort, and a Sulcata for a while now. (Both Craigslist finds ) Both are happy and doing well. Tank my sully is still on the small side (stunted from poor care in the beginning) but is growing! The opportunity presented itself to me to take in a large sully, that had been abandoned in a foreclosed home. How could I possibly say no?! So I wanted to introduce Sarge, and brush up on my large sully knowledge. ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1475454987.528641.jpg

I hope everyone is well and look forward to becoming a regularly contributing member again!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hey, welcome back. Glad to here all is well with you and your torts. Nice looking sully. So glad you could take him in. I will never understand how people can just abandon a family pet.

Reactions: Rue

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
It kills me, he was eating dirt and rocks when first recovered....

Reactions: Rue

Rue

Canada
I'm sure Sarge is happy to find a new home that appreciates him! :D

Speedy-1

St. David Arizona
That is a nice looking sully ! He looks well cared for , odd that they would choose to abandon him ! Oh well , their loss , your gain !

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Hi and welcome back! :D

A good looking tort. :tort:

Leana

Hi all, I don't know if anyone will remember me, it's been a while! I have had a Russian tort, and a Sulcata for a while now. (Both Craigslist finds ) Both are happy and doing well. Tank my sully is still on the small side (stunted from poor care in the beginning) but is growing! The opportunity presented itself to me to take in a large sully, that had been abandoned in a foreclosed home. How could I possibly say no?! So I wanted to introduce Sarge, and brush up on my large sully knowledge. View attachment 188466

I hope everyone is well and look forward to becoming a regularly contributing member again!

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
He's a kick! But, of course we've had summer like weather up till the day after I brought him home Down to what temps do your Sully's seem to enjoy being out in? He's in the the house until we can get his digs set up, permanently. I brought him outside after work and he cruised around for quite awhile, it's like 55 degrees though.