Indoor large sully accommodations

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
Okay, we've taken in a 35lb sully. His outside space is a fabulously, organic, overgrown corner of our yard, bordered by retaining walls. He's eating great, passing urates and feces regularly, and is surprisingly social considering that he was found abandoned in a foreclosed house. While we have great plans for a tort shed/barn, I'd like to creat a "stall" for him in our garage for immediate use. Does anyone have this type of set up, or experience with such?

leigti

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
southeast Washington
There is a recent thread here about indoor leopard enclosure, it would be similar to what you could build. Sorry, I don't know how to put the link here but a search should find it.

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
There is a recent thread here about indoor leopard enclosure, it would be similar to what you could build. Sorry, I don't know how to put the link here but a search should find it.
Off to find it, thank you!

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
I can't find that specific thread, any suggestions out there?

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
Yeah, thanks, that's one of her rooms. The other thread is called indoor female leopard room.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Okay, we've taken in a 35lb sully. His outside space is a fabulously, organic, overgrown corner of our yard, bordered by retaining walls. He's eating great, passing urates and feces regularly, and is surprisingly social considering that he was found abandoned in a foreclosed house. While we have great plans for a tort shed/barn, I'd like to creat a "stall" for him in our garage for immediate use. Does anyone have this type of set up, or experience with such?

Where are you? How cold does it get in the garage? Any cars parked in there?

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
We are in southern OR. The garage stays closed, no cars, just Jeep parts

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
You would probably want to put down something like a stall mat, the concrete would get very cold otherwise.

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
You would probably want to put down something like a stall mat, the concrete would get very cold otherwise.
Absolutely, I'm looking at Kane mats, and wondering how I keep hay/food off of them?

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
Okay, here's what I'm envisioning:
Plywood walls w/back half roofed, stall mat with Kane heat mat on the half that is covered by the roof, with a uv/heat bulb attached to a front corner. Creating 3 areas; warm and cozy, or warm and bright, or cooler if he wants.

saginawhxc

Saginaw, Michigan, USA
I'm in Michigan and am in the process of building a floating room in the back half of my garage. I've spent a small fortune on insulation, and it is all too small, but I'm doing what I can and probably more than many.

I'll be curious what you come up with. Make sure to post pictures. My build will have its own thread when I get it done.

Alex Z

5 Year Member
NYC
Absolutely, I'm looking at Kane mats, and wondering how I keep hay/food off of them?

That will be difficult..hay is a great substrate for them...you can try feeding it in a seperate enclosure in your garage....make a opening and teach it this is where food is....I did that with my russian tort...