Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
RE: Sizes

Russian females get bigger than males. The norm for females is around 7" in a straight line front to back. Males don't get quite that big.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

The different Greek sub-species grow to different sizes.

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
Re: Sizes

Around 5-6.5 inches. And i assume you're housing them separately?

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!

There's so many species, thats not exactly reasonable. What size area are you looking at? Medium- ish? Maybe if you gave us an inch idea, we could give you the names of species that are in thar arean

scrat28

Colorado

The best thing to do is find a Google image chart showing size and weight. Even then, this is (unfortunately) very inaccurate.
A tortoise's size depends greatly upon species, diet, temperature, gender, habitat, and more!
If you are wondering for hibernation, size/weight charts do exist. If you are wanting to find the age though, good luck!

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!

You asked how big your males are going to get. I asked if you are keeping them in separate enclosures. If you are not then i advise you to separate them as male tortoises (especially Russians) are very solitary animals that do not at all do well in pairs or groups of an inappropriate ratio (i.e. a Russian breeding ratio is around 1: 4 males to females). Have you read the care sheet for Russians? It'll further explain things that your topics are about :)

http://www.tortoiseforum.org/thread-80698.html
Here you go. If anything is unclear to you, I suggest you make ONE thread about all of your questions so it can be better answered by more people than just me. More opinions can and will help you create a bigger idea about this diverse species.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

We have a very nice Hermann's tortoise care sheet. Go to that section and look at the top of the section under "important threads." I'm sure he talks about their sizes in that care sheet.

Jlant85

5 Year Member
California

well lets make this easier, what type of greek tortoise are you do you want? or if you already have one, can you post a picture?

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
Re: Pet

It depends on where you live, what kind of tortoise you're looking for and if you could provide for that tortoise.