Sleeping A Lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

pan1k

10 Year Member!
Hey guys,

I setup a webcam at home to watch Mr. Tibbs. I got a timer, which goes on at 6AM and Turns off at 8PM. I put food out this morning, and the temp was 29C. He was still sleeping, kind of cold in the hide house. Is this normal? I understand they can't regulate their temps to well, but should't he be out and about by 9AM? What can I do if there is a problem.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
I would check your enclosure temps...your tort should have a basking spot available of 95-100° and an ambient temp during the day of 80ish....with a spot available that is a bit cooler and dry....if the hide is now in the coolest side I would suggest you move it closer to the basking spot but of course not right und:Der it...

Also check your torts hydration? Soaking routinely? Spraying food with water bottle before offering....perhaps after you adjust your hide and confirm you are achieving desired temps you may want to put him out under the basking light in the am to get him jump started...also if you are dealing with a baby (which I don't know your torts age) I would provide daily soaks and do the set out in the am....:D

pan1k

10 Year Member!
Roger that. I do have a hatchling. A timer seems to be helping. I will need to start waking up earlier.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
The Republic O' Tejas
Soak it at least once a day and 2X a day will do it no harm...hydration is VERY important!

Have you a thermometer handy? Check the temperature inside it's hidey-box and if it's under 70F inside, move it closer to the heat source and recheck, until it is. The basking spot should be around 95F or just a little warmer.

Those two tips should get your little buddy a bit more lively! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.