Devastated!

JoJosMom

Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Canebrake, CA
Wow this story could have turned into devastation for sure! I understand that you have reported this vet, but please follow up where you can to ensure something is done. This is a scary situation, we are grateful for you to share as it makes us all aware now. It is a hard treatment to figure out with a tortoise. I have to say that if they are taken care of well as you have, then you should really never need a vet. Most things you can cure at home. Your thread however is of great importance and we appreciate the info! Praying your babies are still thriving! We are all behind you.

Cheshire
How are they doing currently? I'm glad to hear they are still around!
Happily, they are steadily improving, went to vet today and she said she never thought she would see them like they are today again. Stellios has a really low white cell count so they are watching her closely. Both having more bloods on 2/7. I've nursed them hour by hour and although we are exhausted we are so pleased.

Cheshire
Wow this story could have turned into devastation for sure! I understand that you have reported this vet, but please follow up where you can to ensure something is done. This is a scary situation, we are grateful for you to share as it makes us all aware now. It is a hard treatment to figure out with a tortoise. I have to say that if they are taken care of well as you have, then you should really never need a vet. Most things you can cure at home. Your thread however is of great importance and we appreciate the info! Praying your babies are still thriving! We are all behind you.
I've reported to RCVS and emailed the directors at the vets. Not heard back yet. Will keep on it, just focussing on my babies but will take it to the end.

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
Happily, they are steadily improving, went to vet today and she said she never thought she would see them like they are today again. Stellios has a really low white cell count so they are watching her closely. Both having more bloods on 2/7. I've nursed them hour by hour and although we are exhausted we are so pleased.
Wonderful news!

Cheshire
How is everything???
🙏❤️
The girls have turned a massive corner thank you and we have started to let ourselves hope it's going to be ok. They are doing most of the things they did before. The bloods are being repeated on Tuesday. The exotic's vet has said she is delighted at how far they have come and is a lot more hopeful. Thank you for caring.

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
The girls have turned a massive corner thank you and we have started to let ourselves hope it's going to be ok. They are doing most of the things they did before. The bloods are being repeated on Tuesday. The exotic's vet has said she is delighted at how far they have come and is a lot more hopeful. Thank you for caring.

You’re stuck with us till you are completely out of danger!!! 🕸️
Sorry if we are annoying but we have nothing but love and support for you.
We stick together on this forum like a family until one of us gets drunk and annoying.
(It’s usually @Chubbs the tegu ) 🤣
Sorry,.. no… forgive me @Chubbs the tegu but I needed to lighten the moment…🤭

❤️🙏❤️🙏❤️🙏❤️🦄❤️🙏❤️🙏❤️❤️

Keep us posted!!!