sleeping area

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Claireabbo

so my tortiose frankie is wierd...he sleeps anywhere but his sleeping area. espically under his basking light. so is this wierd?

tyler0912

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Blackburn, U.K.
what are your temperatures at night may be to cold?
but what do i know?,
Tiago sleeps in his log hide and wont come out until morn' i have never so him sleep anywhere else but that i think he feels secure! :D
but otherwise its normal! :D

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Not weird. They do what they want. I assume your basking light is off overnight? He probably just like the spot.
Sometimes you can learn where they like to sleep and eventually move hides around to accommodate that. But I have heard of torts rearranging things anyway. :rolleyes:

C

Claireabbo

yes his basking light is on a timer. regular 12 hour daytime 12 hour night time

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
What is the general set-up, and what is the sleeping area like?

In nature, tortoises do not sleep in boxes. Instead, depending on the species and other things, they tend to want to wedge themselves in, dig into a place where they feel pressure on their shells- and a place that meets their desire for the right temps and humidity.

This may be a sign that you need to rethink something in your set-up, or he may just plain like it right there!

C

Claireabbo

well its definatley large enough. his sleeping area is closed in and cozy. so i dont know why he doesnt want to be there. i think hes just wierd and sleeps different places.... haha

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Bet if you move the hide he will go somewhere else! As long as you have offered him choices, that is all you can do.

tyler0912

5 Year Member
Blackburn, U.K.
Bet if you move the hide he will go somewhere else! As long as you have offered him choices, that is all you can do.
i agree there is nothing else you can do he just feels secure there but i would not take out the hides or anything....maybe a little getting used too....

Status
Not open for further replies.