sleeping torts are adorable! (pic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeopardTortLover

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Manchester, UK
Photos never seem to do sleeping tortoises any justice. I just think they're so cute! Especially when they're babies! Here is Milly snoozing on her log.

Okay, seems the app doesn't want to upload my photo! Will add it soon.

- - - - -

Here it is! (hopefully)

View attachment 37051

View attachment 37052

Last edited by a moderator:

luvpetz27

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
Ahhhhh.... Milly is so adorable! What a cutie pie! I love it when they sleep too! They just look so precious. Thanx for making me smile this am!! :)

Greg T

10 Year Member!
League City, TX
I think they must feel real secure and happy to stretch out and sleep like that because it would leave them vulnerable in the wild. Sleeping tort pics are great.

GeoGpp1012

5 Year Member
Brooklyn , NY
Love the pics beautiful ...When I got Benito two weeks ago I found it so odd yet adorable laying out and sleeping this way

image-4204306835.png

LeopardTortLover

5 Year Member
Manchester, UK
luvpetz27 said:
Ahhhhh.... Milly is so adorable! What a cutie pie! I love it when they sleep too! They just look so precious. Thanx for making me smile this am!! :)

Aww thanks :) They sleep in some weird positions! At one point she was in the Superman flying pose haha.

Greg T said:
I think they must feel real secure and happy to stretch out and sleep like that because it would leave them vulnerable in the wild. Sleeping tort pics are great.

I've never thought of it like that before but I guess your right. Its nice to know they feel relaxed and safe :)

GeoGpp1012 said:
Love the pics beautiful ...When I got Benito two weeks ago I found it so odd yet adorable laying out and sleeping this way

View attachment 37073

Awwww yours does it too! It looks like they're leaning on their arm when they do this doesnt it!

LeopardTortLover

5 Year Member
Manchester, UK
Its strange how their eyelids come from the bottom. Maybe this could be a thread where people share sleeping tortoise photos :D

Heres just one more, think its a cutie.

View attachment 37092

Last edited by a moderator:

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
LeopardTortLover said:
Its strange how their eyelids come from the bottom. Maybe this could be a thread where people share sleeping tortoise photos :D

Heres just one more, think its a cutie.

I'll try to get a photo of mine! :)

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Actually, they kind of sleep like we do, don't they? I know I sometimes sleep on my arm like that. I think I have tortoise blood running through my veins:p

MasterOogway

5 Year Member
They are cute. I also get joy from watching them eat. I don't know if it's because I am Italian or just weird : p

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
MasterOogway said:
They are cute. I also get joy from watching them eat. I don't know if it's because I am Italian or just weird : p

Haha i also enjoy watching them eat..and I'm Italian..

So that's gotta be it. We aren't weird
:)

Lol

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
I agree, they are so sweet when they sleep. I love these pic's. Every time I try to get a good picture of mine, they wake up:(

LeopardTortLover

5 Year Member
Manchester, UK
MasterOogway said:

I love to watch them eat! Although sometimes I dont have time to wait around until they're all finished :p

sibi said:
Actually, they kind of sleep like we do, don't they? I know I sometimes sleep on my arm like that. I think I have tortoise blood running through my veins:p

Yeah I sleep like that sometimes. I also find mine with her arms sprawled out, yet her head is tucked inside fast asleep - cute.

surie_the_tortoise said:
even when bigger its still adorable when they sleep

I can imagine :) Ive never seen a sleeping adult though... do you have one you could share some pics of?

Tortus

5 Year Member
Maryland
Mine rarely sleeps with its head out like that. I did catch it a couple times under the basking light but then it woke up and looked all paranoid. lol

LeopardTortLover

5 Year Member
Manchester, UK
Tortus said:
Mine rarely sleeps with its head out like that. I did catch it a couple times under the basking light but then it woke up and looked all paranoid. lol

Awww! That's well cute! :) whenever I accidently wake mine up she stares at me for a while like she's giving me evils

Status
Not open for further replies.