Sleeps all day- cause for concern?

Subersibo

10 Year Member!
My russian has been hiding all day. He lives in a large outdoor habitat. I remember this happened last year in October. Seems like he really wanted to brumate early that year and was fine coming out of his long sleep and had been eating a lot til about early August this year. Then he started to eat less and hide more. I take him out once in a while. He is still heavy and seems healthy but doesn't wanna eat much and then goes back to his hiding place. Temps range from 80's to 100's in the afternoons here but cool in the morning, about 60's-70's. I'm just concerned cause he is behaving this way a lot earlier than last year. Should I just leave him alone to sleep or is it ok take him out of his hiding place to offer food and soak him?

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Should I just leave him alone to sleep or is it ok take him out of his hiding place to offer food and soak him?

Well, do you support him in brumation? If yes, did he brumate in the same fashion last year?...just a little different timing? Where about in the world do you live....geographically that is, not your address :p

Subersibo

10 Year Member!
I live in Northern California. Yeah I'm just concerned that he's doing it a lot earlier than last year. He's already gone underground since 2 days ago.