Smooth Shells

Status
Not open for further replies.

TortieLuver

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
I know we are always trying to eliminate pyramiding and find out what works best to keep shells' smooth. So I just wanted to share this with you. I am of the same belief as the rest of you with humidity/soaks/sprays/correct substrate etc and my variables don't change. Although the result is always very smooth for all of mine that I have raised since hatchlings, these two are unusually smooth. The pics don't do them justice, but these two came from parents imported in 1990 and the parents even look different from the captive bred ones here. I just wonder if genetics and the environment to which the parents were raised play a factor in their offspring, even though their offspring are produced here in the US. I'm not saying one way or another, just a thought based on my observations of raising Sulcatas.

29yl5eb.jpg

6fcaz5.jpg

209rsrd.jpg

2941nhz.jpg

6y1j76.jpg

Below is a picture as a baby of one from imported parents (one on the left looks quite a bit different huh?
1z56638.jpg

So just uploaded the pictures and they don't look nearly as smooth are they truly are.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
They look smooth and unique. Good pics!

l0velesly

10 Year Member!
Lynnwood, WA
Wow, the left sully does look very different from those I've seen. The shell is a strange tan color, but very unique! I want to see its face :D

Status
Not open for further replies.