Snack time....!

Twan777

Picked up a few goodies for the herd this evening. They don't care for fruit but I give them watermelon or cantaloupe which is a water base fruit and when they eat that it insures me that they are retaining enough water..image.jpeg image.jpeg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Floor a little slippery or they are just lazy lol. Love the sprawl. Just checking, you do have water available for them 24\7 right? I get the watermelon and water, just want to be sure you offer water daily too. Nice group.

Twan777

Lol the floor is a little slippery at times for them but they are used to it bye now. yes I keep water in the enclosure but I never see them drinking so I'm just a little over protective when it comes to that and Thank you I'm really enjoying my little herd I have.

Oxalis

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
You may want to be careful feeding large amounts of sugar to Russians. It can cause digestion issues in their species and should be fed sparingly. When I'm concerned about my Russian's hydration, cucumber slices and Opuntia cactus pads make a great snack. :) Even Mazuri soaked in water; he's addicted to that!

I'm uncertain whether green beans are a good idea either since legumes are usually higher in protein. Russians should instead have a diet high in fiber and low in protein.

They are very cute little dudes. Nice variation in colors!