Snapping turtle!

milkandsam

5 Year Member
So this morning my husband and I were going to Starbucks and as we are driving we saw something moving slowly across the road. As we got closer we realized it was a snapping turtle but once we stopped the car it wouldn't move! Thankfully another gentleman stopped to help us and with the three of us prodding it with sticks managed to get it out of harms way! What a cutie!

Attachments

• 1407259781629.jpg
    1407259781629.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 66

NicoleB26

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Rome, OH
Great job!!! Now I have proof to show my boyfriend that I'm not the only one who insists on moving snappers off the road! Lol there is just something fascinating about them! Kudos to you for taking the time to move him along. I've seen so many dead on the roads Its nice to see a happy ending:):):)

milkandsam

5 Year Member
He was too cute. We don't see a whole lot around here because we are mostly residential and urban so we were surprised to see him!!

Telid

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
TX
Really can't blame you for using a stick - I like having fingers! I've seen people pick them up by the rear of the shell by their back legs, but I just don't think that I could try it - one mistake and ...