So glad to finally make it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

safari_lass1

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
SW Tn
Hello everyone,
I am so excited to finally make it onto the forum, it has been a long journey with multiple detours of login trouble and activation redirection, but I made it :))

Even with the little "bumps," I have still been watching the forum everyday and am loaded with questions and stories that will hopefully help another tortoise enthusiast.

I have been working with chelonians for about 15 years and feel like I still just scraping the iceburg of all the available information. For the majority I worked with arids while living in Cali and Az, but now that I am a Tennessee transpant, I have been loving working with more of the tropical (higher humidity) species.

I kinda live in the middle of nowhere, in addition to the chelonian laws in Tn, there aren't many tortoise people to chit chat with. I am lucky enough to care for the collection at a paublc, educational facility, so we are exempt from the "No Chelonian possession" rule.

So lucky!!

It is a pleasure to meet everyone and hopefully you will not get too sick of seeing my name on the forums lol

Kindest regards,

Safari_lass

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome.:) Glad you were able to finally eat on. Any time you want to tell us some of your stuff, please do. Most of us are waiting:)

shellysmom

10 Year Member!
Welcome! Yes, we love stories and photos. I can't believe no one mentioned photos yet!

Is it really illegal to own tortoises in TN? All the info I ever read about the issue only stated turtles, specifically. One more reason I'm glad I don't live in Tennessee, I guess.

safari_lass1

5 Year Member
SW Tn
Technically it is a health law due to salmonella, but it has been proven that it is easier to get it from uncooked chicken rather than a reptile.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Safari_lass!

We have several members who live in Tennessee, the most notorious of whom is Redfoot Nerd.

I'm sorry to hear that you had trouble joining the group. Did you let our administrator, Josh, know about it?

waterboy

5 Year Member
Riverbank, CA
Hi D Ho. I'm in a weird mood tonite so i didn't just want to say welcome. Can't wait to c pics

safari_lass1

5 Year Member
SW Tn
emysemys said:
Welcome to the Forum, Safari_lass!

We have several members who live in Tennessee, the most notorious of whom is Redfoot Nerd.

I'm sorry to hear that you had trouble joining the group. Did you let our administrator, Josh, know about it?

I did and he was very quick to help. What a great community!!

Status
Not open for further replies.