So, what is your tortoise's

Status
Not open for further replies.

harris

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio
....favorite snack? I'm not talking staple diet, but something you give them once or twice per month. For my group of Manouria it's hands down fat n juicy nightcrawlers, with the banana coming in at a close 2nd.
They literally go into a feeding frenzy when I break the worms out.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Id say Coopers fav is anything that don't eat him first! :p But I know he likes watermelon and apples. That's 2 things we have let him try before. Oh and 1 time he found a cheese dorito and he must have loved it cause he ate it before I could even snatch it away from him! Lol! He is a piggy! Have a great day all!

wildponey21

5 Year Member
well my redfoots love wathermelon and my sulcatas love pumkin. mazuri is always good too

pam

5 Year Member
Minnesota
My Russians favorite snack is new shoots from my large Alovera plant :)

jackrat

5 Year Member
Hamburg,AR
Very ripe papaya. Right now,it's a treat. In season,it's almost a staple. They will crawl over each other to get to it.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Believe it or not.... scallops. My Redfoots, Hingebacks, Manouria, and all my turtles (Box and aquatics) got crazy for scallops. Or catfish nuggets.

I don't really give treats to my grazers. The only thing that seems like a "treat" to me would be fruit, and I don't feed it. I guess they only get sweet potato every couple of weeks, so that could sort of be considered a treat.

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
The only things I really "treat" my torts with is squash and cactus... In both cases, cactus seems to be the favorite hands down. Though my larger female Russian has a softspot for ZooMed Grassland tort food (she's the only one that likes it), and lately I've been giving my Leo Mazuri at a more "treat-like" frequency because otherwise he doesn't really want to eat anything else. He goes NUTS for Mazuri!!

eriksorg

10 Year Member!
Trinidad Colorado
Anything red!!!Cherry tomatoes,Hibiscus flowers...My TOES if I don"t stay out of the way when I'm cleaning the pens!!!

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
eriksorg said:
Anything red!!!Cherry tomatoes,Hibiscus flowers...My TOES if I don"t stay out of the way when I'm cleaning the pens!!!

Yeah, the color red really does get their attention, don't it? :D

Knowing this (and keeping some red food color on hand) makes getting them to try new foods they're currently turning their noses up at pretty easy... :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.