Soaking my Red Foot

Status
Not open for further replies.

redfoot925

5 Year Member
I was wondering if it was bad that I soak my red foot each day for about 15 minutes or when he tries to get out,he seems to enjoy it as he will look very relaxed and dunk his head under and make bubbles, while he soaks it gives me time to change his water feed him and mist his cage:) he also tends to take care of his bathroom needs while he soaks which keeps his habitat much cleaner :) his water dish is big enough to soak in but I rarely catch him in there

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
That's what I do too. (the 15 minute soaking part...not the pooing in my bathwater part :p )

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
Some people soak them, some don't and both seem to have about the same results as long as the rest of the cares are OK. My personal opinion has been that soaks are often stressful, and if they stress your tort, try to avoid them. But this means that you need to make sure it is properly hydrated in other ways.

Since your guys don't seem stressed, I would not worry about it much.

redfoot925

5 Year Member
Alright thank you! I just wasn't sure if there was such thing as too much

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Just had to ............:p
foot2.jpg

" this of course after dropping a chop saw on it " ...plenty of
" REDFOOT " soaks .....:p

JD~;)

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Everyone does things differently. I've never soaked mine. They have plenty of humidity in their vivariums, and I've often found them sitting in their water dishes. I think the good side to soaking is that the water dish stays cleaner.
Awwww...Jeff. That's really a "RED....Foot". :D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.