Soaking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrsStaal

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
California
I meant to put this in my last thread but forgot. My Greek tortoise is a few years old. I know you have to soak them but if he has a larger water bowl in his cage in which he soaks himself in, do I need to soak him still? He HATES when I soak him but doesn't mind soaking himself. Yeah, he's weird, but I love him. I'm assuming it's because he hates not being able to choose the length of the soaking? Anyways what do you guys think? Thanks!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I personally think that would be okay. However, how will you know he has actually soaked himself and if he does it enough and long enough. I would suggest soaking him two times a week and if he soaks himself too, then its a plus. See what others have to say.

MrsStaal

5 Year Member
California
He's ways in his water. Whenever I'm doing homework or on the computer he's soaking himself. Id say he's in it for at least 10 minutes a day. AT LEAST. Haha, it's like his happy place or whatnot

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Sounds like he is doing the soaking he needs on his own, so no you do not need to soak him. Plus he is eating well and active, correct?

MrsStaal

5 Year Member
California
He's always on the move. He's pretty much accustomed to my sleep habits. He sleeps from 9-9 pretty much. Other than that he's always on the move. Hes eating normally too

Status
Not open for further replies.