Soft bottom shell update...thank YOU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redfoot Micah

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Central Florida
20130130_151500.jpg20130127_090544.jpg20130130_151404.jpgMican & strawberry 2.jpgI can't thank you all enough for helping us with Strawberry's soft bottom shell. She has been up & super active with a huge appetite these past few days. The bottom shell is still a bit soft (since the crisis only started a week and a half ago) but it feels better. What we did was add a low level UVB bulb for her daytime, take her outside when the weather was nice, soak her in calcium/D3 water mix that she would actually drink every day. But I think after more reading from you all, I'll get a straight calcium powder. I'd give her lots of turnip greens (the available high calcium greens we could find) when she'd actually eat - and she'd bask under the UVB lamp for days, but is now back to herself and digging in the moss when she wants to sleep.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Yippy!!! We need more happy ending stories in here! So glad things are turning around for Strawberry and you. :)

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
New York
At that size the plastron should be springy, but it shouldn't feel like leather.

Glad things are improving.

Status
Not open for further replies.