soft plastron

dyager

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Sutter, Ca
I got another Sulcata over the weekend. It is 10 years old or so (from the previous owner's account) When I picked her up, I noticed that the plastron seemed to move in and out when I moved my fingers. It isn't as hard as the others, is this a cause for concern? She has pyramiding pretty bad and was kept in a fish aquarium and could only move forward and backwards. Bummer deal, but she is out with the rest now and moving and grooving. Just curious about the flexible plastron. I would assume she had little to no calcium, so will start introducing it to her.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It should strengthen up now that she's being fed correctly and out in the sun occasionally.

dyager

5 Year Member
Sutter, Ca
Yvonne G said:
It should strengthen up now that she's being fed correctly and out in the sun occasionally.

From reading other posts on here about it, that is what I was figuring. Thanks for weighing in. She is pretty active and is probably glad to finally get to stretch her legs.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
WHAT NO PICTURES!! Just kidding .:D I would feed some calcium three times a week . Also feed some high calcium greens and weeds.

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Orange County, So Cal
In your care, finally, her life will be much better. Congrats on adopting her. As stated above, calcium goodness! And perhaps some cuttlebone so she can nibble at will! : )

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
Re: RE: soft plastron

mike taylor said:
WHAT NO PICTURES!! Just kidding .:D I would feed some calcium three times a week . Also feed some high calcium greens and weeds.

We would still enjoy some pictures!

dyager

5 Year Member
Sutter, Ca
I will get some pics soon. I can either find the camera or the usb cord, but never both at the same time! I will give the calcium and she is getting plenty of sunlight these days. Have a cold snap coming, so they will stay in their warming house I am sure, but pics coming soon.

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
Re: RE: soft plastron

dyager said:
I will get some pics soon. I can either find the camera or the usb cord, but never both at the same time! I will give the calcium and she is getting plenty of sunlight these days. Have a cold snap coming, so they will stay in their warming house I am sure, but pics coming soon.

Hahaha... I have the same problem! Take your time.