Soft shell... Not eating veggies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tk.dinh

5 Year Member
Hello my name is TK, I bought a box tortoise from a pet store, he is pretty skinny, lack of nutrients and small. I believed he is closely 4 months old and his name is peppy. I have two red ears turtles and one musk turtle. Peppy is my new box tortoise, yet I don't know what kind of tortoise he is. I am still learning on how to take care of him. I bought him some calcium vitamin D, veggies and mealworms. Peppy likes mealworms, but hasn't eat veggies, is it okay? Should I still feed him veggies? How about reptimins sticks? he wouldn't eat anything but mealworms. His shell is soft and I am slightly scared, he is very young and fragile.

I am new to this, so please help me and my darling peppy.

I am thankful for forum, really help me out by guiding me.

ImageUploadedByTortForum1374897963.580343.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTortForum1374897932.664221.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTortForum1374897932.664221.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 39
Last edited by a moderator:

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Calif.
That's a box turtle, try worms insects slugs they love those. They eat more protein then a tortoise

shellfreak

10 Year Member!
Box turtle for sure. And most likely older then 4 months. He seems pretty large for 4 months. Pm me your email address and ill send you a care sheet with enclosure ideas, food, substrate, and lighting. As well as some good websites to learn more about your new boxie.

Tk.dinh

5 Year Member
What kind of box turtle is he? I will buy some more insects for him then.

Status
Not open for further replies.