Soft shell :-(

Jeskie

5 Year Member
Any updates? I'm scared my leopard is going though the SAME thing!!!!! : (

I had to take him to a special vet we have here. He gave em a shot of calcium and nose drops. I was told it could be a respiratory infection. I made em a humid box, just a small plastic container and soaked the bedding so it would get real humid. He has survived. Just make sure to get em in the sun as much as possible and make the humid box asap. And mix the calcium powder on his food good. Keep me updated please

Magni

This might be a stupid question but if you feel they are not getting enough could you put the liquid calcium in the water when you soak them?

Jeskie

5 Year Member
You can try that, can try and soak em in carrot baby food. Try and keep em in that sun a couple hours a day. My tortoise got real bad. Puffe eyes, wouldnt eat unless outside, hardly walked. How old is yours?

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Any updates? I'm scared my leopard is going though the SAME thing!!!!! : (

I had to take him to a special vet we have here. He gave em a shot of calcium and nose drops. I was told it could be a respiratory infection. I made em a humid box, just a small plastic container and soaked the bedding so it would get real humid. He has survived. Just make sure to get em in the sun as much as possible and make the humid box asap. And mix the calcium powder on his food good. Keep me updated please

Has the shell ever been hard? Is it getting soft or has it just never hardened?